Precautions to prevent dengue fever are far better than getting infected. With some necessary dengue feverprecautions one can get rid of it and can easily deal with dengue virus before its deadly affect.
What is Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever also known as breakbone fever is a serious viral disease transmitted by the bite of Aedes albopictus mosquito. Dengue is inflicted in two forms: dengue fever and the dengue haemorrhagic fever (DHF).
Dengue fever is yet severe but does not cause death whereas in Dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) bleeding from nose starts and is a fatal disease leading to death if not cured on time.
Where Does Aedes Albopictus Mosquito Found?
Aedes Albopictus Mosquito causes dengue and dengue haemorrhagic fever. It breeds in small openings, leaf axils, flower and plants pots, discarded tyres, old oil drums, animal drinking water pots and potentially in stagnant and all water storage containers near human dwellings.
Aedes albopictus mosquito bites during day unlike the malaria mosquito.
Symptoms of Dengue Fever
Symptoms of dengue fever vary with age of the patient such as infant and young children get a measles-like rash with high fever whereas older children and adults get mild illness, severe headache, sore eye, body pain, vomiting, appetite loss and nausea along fever. In DHF bleeding and shocks also occur.
Dengue Fever Precautions
Avoiding mosquitoes bite is the major precaution against dengue fever. People should take following necessary precautions to combat dengue fever before it gets in body:
- Keep home, environment and surrounding hygiene
- Remove all stagnant water and containers
- Keep all drains well maintained and repair all chokes
- Avoid accumulation of ground water
- Fill up all defective grounds
- Don’t store water
- Avoid unnecessary irrigation
- Cover all containers properly
- Change flower vase water once a week to prevent dengue mosquito breeding there
- Wrap all unused plastic tyres
- Regularly change water in animal drinking containers
- Use mosquito repellents to avoid mosquito bite
- Use mosquito screen to prevent mosquito attack
- Use aerosols and mosquito coils to kill mosquitoes
- Wear long sleeve and fully covered clothes
- Use mosquitoes net around bed while sleeping
Measures To Be Taken During Dengue Fevers
Patient infected by dengue fever must follow these measures:
- Get a blood test by microbiological laboratory
- Take plenty of water and cold fluids
- Bath in cold water and place ice bag over abdomen and head
- Don’t take aspirin
- Get proper medical checkup
Add few drops of lemon in apple juice and then have this fluid as it replaces lost platelets